Shaft collar is a simple but important mechanical component. It is widely used in Power Transmission applications, such as motors and gearboxes. The Shaft collars are used as mechanical stops, locating components, and bearing faces. The simple design lends itself to easy installation
--Set screw type/ Set Screw Shaft Collar
--Single Split Collar / One-piece Shaft Collar
--Double Split Collar / Two-piece Shaft Collar
--One-Piece Threaded Collar
--Double wide shaft collar
Set screw type is the most effective when used on a shaft made of a material which is softer than the set screw.
Threaded shaft collars offer the same quality and benefits of smooth bore Collars, meanwhile providing additional features. Threaded collars provide axial holding power which is superior to smooth bore collars, while offering easier installation and adjustment than CZPT ring locking devices.
One-piece shaft collars wrap around the shaft for even distribution of clamping forces. This results in a tight fit and greater holding power, without the shaft damage caused by set screws. Clamp collars are easy to remove, indefinitely adjustable, and work well on virtually any shaft.
Two-piece shaft collars offer the same benefits as one-piece shaft collars with additional versatility and convenience. The split design is easily installed and disassembled, reducing labor and downtime when adjustment, removal, or replacement is necessary. These clamping forces provide the collar with a holding power superior to one-piece and set screw shaft collars.
Unik Shaft Collar Features:
Superior fit, finish and holding power.
Tightly controlled face to bore perpendicularity.
Bore size stamped on every shaft collar.
Black oxide finish produces holding power and resisting corrosion.
DIN 12.9 for metric screws for maximum torque ability.
black oxide and zinc-plated steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in single color box. If you have special request about packing, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can pack the goods as your request.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We'll show you the photos of the products and packages
before you pay the balance. Other payments terms, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can discuss.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 25 to 30 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends
on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and
the courier cost.We welcome sample order.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them,
no matter where they come from.
|Stiffness & Flexibility:
|Stiffness / Rigid Axle
|Journal Diameter Dimensional Accuracy:
What are the steps for retrofitting machinery with shaft collars for improved performance?
Retrofitting machinery with shaft collars can be a beneficial step to improve performance, enhance functionality, or address specific issues. Here are the general steps involved in retrofitting machinery with shaft collars:
- Assessment and Planning: Start by assessing the machinery and identifying the areas where shaft collars can be installed or upgraded to improve performance. Consider factors such as misalignment, slippage, vibration, or inadequate gripping of rotating shafts. Plan the retrofitting process by determining the number of collars required, their sizes, materials, and any additional components or modifications needed.
- Measurement and Shaft Preparation: Accurate measurement of the shaft diameter is crucial to ensure proper fitting of the collars. Use calipers or other measuring tools to determine the shaft diameter at the desired installation points. Clean the shaft surface and remove any debris or contaminants that may interfere with the collar installation. If necessary, smooth out any rough surfaces or burrs on the shaft to ensure a proper fit.
- Selection and Procurement: Select the appropriate shaft collars based on the specific requirements of your machinery. Consider factors such as shaft diameter, collar style (set screw, clamp, or other), material (steel, stainless steel, aluminum, plastic), and any special features required for improved performance. Procure the necessary shaft collars from a reliable supplier or manufacturer.
- Installation: Follow the manufacturer's instructions for installing the shaft collars. Generally, the installation involves sliding the collar onto the shaft at the desired location and securing it in place. Set screw collars require tightening the set screws against the shaft to create a tight grip, while clamp-style collars may require tightening bolts or screws to achieve a secure fit. Ensure that the collars are properly aligned and seated on the shaft, and tighten the fasteners to the recommended torque specifications.
- Testing and Adjustment: After installing the shaft collars, conduct thorough testing to ensure their proper functionality and improved performance. Check for any signs of slippage, misalignment, or excessive vibration. If necessary, make adjustments to the collar position, tightness of the fasteners, or other factors to optimize the performance. Repeat the testing and adjustment process as needed until the desired performance improvements are achieved.
- Maintenance and Monitoring: Regularly inspect the shaft collars as part of your machinery maintenance routine. Check for signs of wear, corrosion, or any issues that may affect their performance. Lubricate the collars if required, following the manufacturer's recommendations. Continuously monitor the performance of the retrofitted machinery to ensure that the shaft collars are functioning as intended and providing the desired improvements.
It is important to note that the specific steps and considerations for retrofitting machinery with shaft collars may vary depending on the type of machinery, the complexity of the retrofit, and other factors specific to your application. Consulting the machinery manufacturer's guidelines, seeking expert advice, or involving professional technicians can help ensure a successful retrofitting process and optimal performance improvements.
Where can I purchase shaft collars with set screw or clamp-style designs?
If you are looking to purchase shaft collars with set screw or clamp-style designs, there are several options available to you. These types of shaft collars can be found in various industrial supply stores, online marketplaces, and directly from manufacturers. Here are some places where you can purchase shaft collars with set screw or clamp-style designs:
- Industrial Supply Stores: Local industrial supply stores or distributors that specialize in mechanical components and equipment often carry a range of shaft collars. These stores may have a physical location where you can visit and browse their inventory. They typically have knowledgeable staff who can assist you in selecting the right collar design and size for your specific application.
- Online Marketplaces: Online marketplaces, such as Amazon, eBay, or Alibaba, offer a wide selection of shaft collars with set screw or clamp-style designs. These platforms allow you to search for specific collar types, sizes, and materials, and compare prices and customer reviews. When purchasing from online marketplaces, it is important to verify the credibility and reputation of the sellers to ensure product quality and reliability.
- Manufacturer Websites: Many manufacturers of shaft collars have their own websites where you can directly purchase their products. Visiting the websites of reputable collar manufacturers allows you to explore their product catalogs, specifications, and available collar designs. This can be particularly useful if you are looking for specific features, customization options, or require technical assistance from the manufacturer.
- Online Industrial Suppliers: Online industrial suppliers or distributors specialize in providing a wide range of mechanical components and equipment. These suppliers often have extensive catalogs of shaft collars with various designs, including set screw and clamp-style options. They typically offer convenient online ordering and delivery options, making it easy to browse and purchase the collars you need.
- Trade Shows and Exhibitions: Attending trade shows or exhibitions related to industrial components and equipment can provide an opportunity to connect with multiple suppliers and manufacturers in one place. These events often feature exhibits where you can interact directly with vendors, explore their product offerings, and discuss your specific requirements. Trade shows can be a valuable resource for finding and purchasing shaft collars with set screw or clamp-style designs.
When purchasing shaft collars, it is important to consider factors such as collar material, size range, load capacity, and any specific requirements of your application. Comparing prices, reading customer reviews, and ensuring the reliability of the seller or manufacturer can help you make an informed decision and obtain high-quality shaft collars that meet your needs.
Are there tutorials on the proper installation of shaft collars?
Yes, there are tutorials available that provide guidance on the proper installation of shaft collars. These tutorials can be helpful for individuals who are unfamiliar with the installation process or want to ensure that they are installing the collars correctly. Here are some common sources where you can find tutorials on the installation of shaft collars:
- Manufacturer Websites: Many manufacturers of shaft collars provide detailed installation instructions on their websites. These instructions may include step-by-step guides, diagrams, or videos that demonstrate the proper installation techniques. Visiting the websites of specific collar manufacturers and exploring their resources section or product documentation can help you find the installation tutorials you need.
- Online Industrial Communities and Forums: Industrial communities and forums dedicated to mechanical components or equipment often have discussions or threads related to the installation of shaft collars. Participating in these communities and posting inquiries about installation techniques can help you connect with professionals or experienced users who can provide guidance or share their knowledge.
- Video Sharing Platforms: Platforms like YouTube or Vimeo host a wide range of instructional videos, including tutorials on the installation of various mechanical components. Searching for "shaft collar installation tutorial" or similar keywords on these platforms can yield helpful videos that visually demonstrate the proper installation techniques. Watching these videos can provide a clear understanding of the installation process and any specific considerations to keep in mind.
- Trade Publications and Magazines: Trade publications or magazines related to mechanical engineering, industrial equipment, or power transmission may feature articles or guides on the installation of shaft collars. These resources often provide detailed explanations, tips, and best practices for proper installation. Checking these publications or their online platforms can give you access to written tutorials or expert insights.
- Online Documentation and Manuals: Some manufacturers or suppliers provide downloadable documentation or manuals for their shaft collars. These documents may include installation instructions along with other technical information. Searching for the specific collar model or brand, followed by keywords like "installation instructions" or "user manual," can help you find relevant documentation that covers the installation process.
When using tutorials for shaft collar installation, it is important to ensure that the information is sourced from reputable and reliable sources. Follow the provided instructions carefully, and if in doubt, consult with professionals or seek guidance from the manufacturer. Proper installation of shaft collars is crucial for their effectiveness, reliability, and the overall performance of the machinery.
editor by CX 2023-11-08